Church Vision & Mission Profile
The Mission – “Glorify God. Proclaim Christ. Make Disciples.”
This is based on a study of the Great Commission passages of the New Testament (Matt 28:16-20, Mark 13:10; 14:9, Luke 24:44-49, and Acts 1:4-8). We do not believe we have been given a unique mission; rather, this is the same mission every church has. This is just our way of summarizing the biblical teaching on this subject.
There are five specific ways we are working to equip every member of West Side Church to engage and fulfill that mission.
1. Corporate Worship: We glorify God through weekly corporate worship. We seek to bring glory and honor to God by worshiping Him as His people in one place on Sunday mornings.
2. Individual Worship: We glorify God by worshiping Him in our private lives through personal devotions, prayer, living sacrificially, and living a life fully submitted to His will.
3. Personal Evangelism: We proclaim Christ wherever we go. Above all, this should be done in our personal lives as God leads us to the lost in the places He has called us to live. Beyond this, we engage in church-wide evangelistic events, support local ministries, and support global missionaries.
4. Small Group Discipleship: We build disciples as we pursue Christ in Christian community. The primary way we engage in this at West Side Church is through life group participation. Beyond this, Bible study groups and dedicated discipleship groups exist as well.
5. Serving: Discipleship also takes place when we serve others within and outside of the church. Every believer has been given a gift, and using that gift is a key aspect of following Christ. In every area of service at West Side, we are equipping older and more mature believers to disciple the younger and less mature believers beside them.